Long-Term Care: COVID-19 Outbreak
Our long-term care (LTC) is currently experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19. Public Health has directed us to limit LTC visitations to essential caregivers only and one visitor per resident.
- Visitors to LTC must wear a mask and shield at all times.
- Visitors to LTC should not be removing residents from the long-term care area to other areas of the building.
- Residents in LTC should not be going to appointments unless it is essential and the receiving physician approves the continuation of the appointment.
- All LTC activities have been suspended and residents are being provided with tray service to their rooms.
Please know that we are doing everything possible to manage the outbreak, minimize exposure risk and treat residents’ symptoms. We thank you for your patience and support as the home tries to manage this difficult situation.
5:30 am – 7:00 pm
7 days a week
9:15 am – 10:00 am
11:00 am – 11:30 am
4:45 pm – 5:15 pm
(please click on the links below for resident memos)
The Village News
On behalf of Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village, I would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere appreciation to all friends and family members of our residents and clients for their generous donations for our staff. Your thoughtfulness and support helps brighten our days as we continue to work through the challenges of COVID-19.
We would also like to thank the following local businesses and individuals for their donations:
- Ravensbergen and Sons Ltd. (plants for staff)
- Dr. and Mrs. Klimek (personal protective equipment)
- Ann White Sauve (face mask holders)
- June O’Neill (face mask holder headbands)
- Owen Coorssen (face shields)
- Laurie Gunton, Smooth Move for Seniors (plants for staff)
- Trevor van der Zalm, European Planters Inc. (plants for staff)
- SystemMacs (timbits for staff)
- First Grantham United Church (snacks for staff)
- Country Corner Market, Welland (sausages for staff)
- William Clark (plastic mask holders)
- Mahtay Cafe & Lounge (coffee and pastries for staff)
- Huntington Society of Canada Niagara Chapter (snacks for Long-Term Care staff)
- CUPE 1263 (Subway lunch for staff)
- CC Dugout (pasta lunch for staff)
- Ina’s Café (buffet lunch for staff)
Thank you again for your gracious support!
Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village is committed to provide materials to all that reflect AODA standards.
Welcome to Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village! As a not-for-profit, charitable organization and provider of services to seniors in the Niagara Region for over 60 years, Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village now encompasses two sites – St. Catharines and Niagara-on-the-Lake. Operating since 1959, the Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village site sits on 15 acres of well-manicured grounds and is located on Linwell Road in the north end of St. Catharines. The Niagara-on-the-Lake site, known as Stone Road Village, opened in 2012 and is located on Hunter Road at the corner of Niagara Stone Road. Mature trees dot the 5 acre property, providing a peaceful country setting. It is just five minutes from the heart of Niagara‑on‑the Lake with easy access to recreational trails and the Niagara Parkway.
Facilities at these two sites house over 500 seniors. At Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village, seniors live either in rental or rent-geared-to-income apartments, life lease bungalows or apartments, bedsitter rooms, or long-term care (nursing home). At Stone Road Village, life lease apartments are available for active seniors.
Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village is one of the largest providers of services for seniors in Ontario. Several levels of care are provided at the St. Catharines site. As a member of AdvantAge Ontario (formerly OANHSS – Ontario Association of Non-Profit Homes and Services for Seniors), ONPHA (Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association), and OCSA (Ontario Community Support Association), these groups advocate for seniors and lobby the government on our behalf. The Village is dedicated to fostering quality of life for seniors and to meeting standards mandated by the MOHLTC (Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care). We believe that customer service and effective communication are essential for success. We are continually looking at opportunities for growth and improvement.